Bike Locksmith - Bicycle Lock Out Service
Besides the security of your home, office, and car, you must never compromise the protection of your bicycles as well. Luckily, Village Locksmith & Doors is 24 hours, 7 days a week present to handle your bike lockouts and other relevant concerns.
We are one of the prominent locally operated and owned locksmiths who can efficiently resolve your bicycle lock and key dilemmas promptly.
With our extensive experience and continued training, we can effectively unlock, repair, and replace all kinds of bicycle locks.
Moreover, we always do an immediate response to all emergencies and scheduled appointments around town.
Types Of Bike Locks
How many bicycle locks do you know? Typically, there are six major types of locks used for securing your bicycles and we are sharing their features, pros, and cons below. With that, you have a deeper understanding of which type best suits your needs and finances.
It has an awkward D or U-shape shackle which you need to lock on your bike’s frame and the post. Likewise, it is a popular choice among beginners and professional cyclists.
- Great resistance against bolt cutters and garden scissors
- Lighter than chain locks
- Have a Sold Secure rating (Bronze, Silver, and Gold)
- Reasonable cost
- Challenging to carry around because of its awkward shape
- Not flexible than chain and cable locks
It is made of metal chain links intertwined with each other, and it has a rigid appearance that scares off bike thieves. To have a higher security level, the chain links must be thicker and the padlocks used are Sold Secure.
- Firm and rugged appearance which deters thieves
- Flexible to secure varied objects
- Excellent hardness against mechanical and arm strong actions to break the chain locks
- Sold Secure rating
- Heavy and occupies large space
- Can scratch your bike frame if the chains have no insulation
It functions the same way as chain locks, where its flexibility is dependent on the number of joints present.
- Quick and easy to wrap around your bicycle frame
- Can secure varied objects
- Fairly lighter than D-locks and chains
- Most have a Sold Secure rating (Silver and Gold)
- Scarce supply
We usually install this lock type to your garage, balcony, bike parking spaces, or any stationary place where your bicycles can be parked.
- Highly resilient against bolt croppers, drilling, hammering, and lock picking
- Sold Secure rating
- Great for a stationary locking mechanism
- Location dependent
- Requires technical skills for its installation process
It is a lightweight lock that you can use to supplement your primary bicycle locks. It is usually used to secure the small and moveable parts of your bike (e.g. wheels).
- Affordable price
- Simple to use
- Good for low crime rate areas
- Can be easily cut by bolt cutters or garden scissors
- Low-security level when it comes to areas with medium to high-level cases of bike theft
This lock type uses codes for unlocking, and to enhance security, be sure to choose those which use four to five figures for the password.
- Sold Secure rating (Bronze, Silver, and Gold)
- Simple to use and lightweight
- No more hassle with keys
- Usually no override key in case you forget the passcode
What Is A Bike Lockout?
A bike lockout happens when your bicycle locks are broken, keys to it are lost, or you forget the passcode. When facing this problem, it is best to let experienced and reliable locksmiths resolve this for you.
Fortunately, you can lean on us because we have the training, experience, and modern tools to quickly address these bicycle locksmith concerns.
With our 15 minutes response time, our mobile van will be there shortly in your spot and safely unlock your bicycle without any damages. Moreover, we always offer an affordable locksmith price range that fits any budget for you.
We Offer Mobile Bicycle Lock Out Service
Bike lockouts can occur at any time of your day, yet there’s no need to panic because we have our 24-hour emergency bicycle locksmith service. Our mobile team always carries various toolkits and supplies, so that all services are being performed at the customer’s location.
Further, all locksmith work guaranteed because our technicians have solid experience and training in mending all your locksmithing requirements in New York City.
Also, we constantly perform a quick response around the clock for all lock and key needs of the locals, which include the following:
- Auto locksmith services
We handle all lock and key relevant problems with your car and motorcycle in New York. Our mobile team is 24/7 ready to assist you all the time when you need us to be.
- Residential Locksmith Services
Our home locksmith services have helped many homeowners secure and reinforce the protection of their residence from intruders and burglars. With us, we can repair, replace, and install new locks in your home at a fair price.
- Commercial locksmith services
We also handle the security and door lock concerns of the business establishments in NYC. Our crew is highly versatile and skilled to take on any tasks to enhance the protection inside and outside of your building.
How to Choose the Right Bike Lock
Finding the best locks to your bicycle is a cumbersome task that is inevitable for your welfare. If you need further assistance, you can quickly call our licensed and bonded technicians.
We offer the best price guarantee for all your bike lockout services and locks that you need. Nevertheless, here are the main elements you need to consider before buying a good bicycle lock.
- Consider your neighborhood and your workplace.
- Equate the value of your bicycle with the protection provided by the bike lock.
- Count how many hours are you leaving your bicycle in the open before going back home.
Looking For A Local Bicycle Locksmith Near You
At Village Locksmith & Doors, you will experience world-class bicycle locksmith services without breaking a bank. We take pride in being one of the go-to options when a person encounters a bike lockout.
Moreover, all of our locksmiths are duly licensed, trained, and bonded to perform various locksmithing tasks that you need on the spot.
If you wish to avail of our service or book an appointment, call our office anytime.
Village Locksmith & Doors is here to help you. We are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. This means you can always rely on us when you need emergency locksmith services.
[contact-form-7 id=”5″ title=”Footer Form”]